EMS Billing - Services Provided
Life Force Management is a complete ambulance billing and collection service tailored to meet your needs.
Getting the Billing Process Started
- Determine needs and individual policies
- Obtain political and administrative support
- Establish fees for Residents and Non-Residents
- Obtain demographic information from hospital or responsible party via electronic, fax or paper transmittals
- Submit invoices to responsible party every 30 days until paid
- Follow up on past due accounts
- Appeal claims that are denied for Medical Necessity
- Monthly collection letters and calls to past due accounts if requested by the community
- Process claims electronically for faster reimbursements
- Link with Firehouse and other State reporting software
Communication Link to Fire Department
- All reports can be run by tax payer status
- Monthly reports stating amounts charged, received and adjusted
- Monthly reports balancing deposits
- Complete listing of account balances and total due
- Collection Ratios
- Run Number Report
- Average collections per trip (this assists the community in budgeting)
- Denial frequency (this helps us improve the department's documentation)
- Attend seminars for updates in insurance policies
- Educate Fire Department in changes regarding documentation
- Yearly Auditors SAS70 Report
- Member of Ohio Ambulance Association
Services at No Additional Cost
- Convert current billing system
- Track receiving hospital revenue
- Produce surveys for quality of transports
- Attend public meetings
- Assist in applying for provider numbers
- Skip tracing
- Custom reports to link to your reporting
Your involvement in these services are individualized by your department.
- Verify correct patient demographics such as address, date of birth, origin of pick up and destination of transport.
- Send electronically or mail communication and/or run sheets on a regular basis. We are capable of receiving electronic files from most ePcr softwares on the market.
- Establish a fee schedule and notifying Life Force Management in writing if the fee changes.
- Make the final decision on turning accounts to an outside collection agency or determining bad debt. Each department has control over what happens to each account in the final stages of billing.